11/11/19 – MEETING UPDATE AND HOLIDAY CANCELLATIONS
–The Following meeting have been cancelled due to the holiday season and building closures. Please see our calendar for other meetings.
- Thursday, November 28th
- Monday, December 23rd
- Tuesday, December 24th
- Wednesday, December 25th
- Thursday, December 26th
- Monday, December 30th
- Tuesday, December 31st
– THE WEDNESDAY MEETING HAS RETURNED TO THE WILMAR NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER AT 953 JENIFER STREET IN THE MENDOTA ROOM.
– The Friday Meeting at the VA Hospital will not be held from September 13th until December 6th. Please see our local calendar for more meeting options.
SMART Recovery has a meeting almost every night of the week in Madison and the surrounding areas. Please see our Local Meetings page for more DETAILS.
ATTENTION ‐ THIS IS THE MADISON, WI, SMART RECOVERY SITE WITH THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION. PLEASE IGNORE THE SITE ADDRESSED AS MADISONSMARTRECOVERY.ORG – IT IS NOT REAL!!
Is SMART Recovery what you’re looking for?
Are you worried about your drug or alcohol use, or any other addictions? Do you want to regain control of your life? Try SMART Recovery, a science-based, secular and self-empowering program.
SMART Recovery offers a secular scientific alternative if you are seeking independence from alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling and other addictive behaviors. You learn to live a balanced lifestyle and free yourself from addiction. We are not saying that it is easy – but it’s maybe easier than you think to break free from a destructive lifestyle.
“Are you having trouble getting motivated to change? – SMART Recovery has very specific and effective tools to get you motivated to change.”
We welcome you to a SMART Recovery meeting
Get smart – get started in a SMART Recovery support group, face-to-face or online. In our friendly, small group settings, we talk freely, sharing ideas, support and experience. We learn proven, practical self-management and recovery skills – through discussions, training tools from the toolbox and other self-help activities to increase self-reliance.
Good to know about SMART Recovery
- SMART is science-based
- All meetings are lead by a trained facilitator
- No labeling like “alcoholic”
- You attend as long as you find it useful
- SMART is a nonprofit organization
- You have choices, also in recovery
- Personal responsibility
- Proven principles of change
- Not based on any religious or spiritual ground
- Unconditional self-acceptance
See this video with Tom Horvath, Ph.D., President SMART Recovery
This is a short introduction video about SMART Recovery